Hello Everyone! I appreciate you all for following my blog, and I wanted to give you an idea of 10 future posts you can expect.
Below I have sorted the specific posts into two major categories: “The Immigration Process” and “The Personal Side”. Of course, all posts will be personal in nature, but the first category will provide more technical information.
The Immigration Process
This category of posts will use Young and I’s personal experiences to help explain the more technical information about the immigration process.
- The Immigration Process Step by Step. I will provide an overview of the three major steps in the process of seeking U.S. permanent residency and citizenship and describe
where Young and I are at in the process. I will then break each of these steps down in a series of “Details” posts that offer more specific information about each step of the process.
- The Details: Conditional Permanent Residence
- The Details: Petition to Remove Conditions
- The Details: Petition for U.S. Citizenship
- Marriage & Military: The “Golden Tickets” to U.S. Citizenship? I will write about these two well-known processes of immigration and some of the misinformation that exists about them.
- Financing It All: This post will describe the series of fees that will need to be paid throughout the immigration process.
The Personal Side
This series of posts will focus more on how Young’s status, the immigration process, and general political and popular discussion about immigration and related topics affects our lives.
- Hey! Don’t Talk about My Husband Like That. What is it like to hear the words used to describe undocumented immigrants when your husband is an undocumented immigrant?
- When Politics Hits Home: Immigration is a hot topic in the political realm, especially with the 2016 presidential elections gearing up. These posts will address how immigration ideas presented by candidates would or would not impact Young and me.
- Friends and Family: How have my friends and family reacted when they learned of Young’s status?
- Interracial and Multicultural Relationship: How do these factors pertain to Young and I’s relationship?
If there are topic areas that are not listed and that you would like to read about, just let me know! This blog exists to provide interesting and relevant content to you, the reader, and as such, your feedback is most welcome.
Thank you all for reading! I am looking forward to engaging with you.